Application Website 2021
Road To Shine Is An Innovation Program
R2S is a collaborative innovation program co-hosted by Hiroshima Prefecture Japan and T-Hub which leads India’s pioneering innovation ecosystem. In this program, you will have the opportunity to attend virtual workshops and practice implementing a human-centered approach to innovation. At the end of the program, 5 selected applicants will have the opportunity to participate in a co-development program with Hiroshima industries to prototype innovative services and products.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Learn the human-centered approach to innovation
- Receive guidance from top-tier mentors and industry leaders
- Come up with innovative ideas that deliver new values through technology
- Practice identifying and addressing specific users and needs
- Participate in co-development program with Hiroshima Industries (5 selected applicants)
Join us to foresee the future and drive innovation!
- Envision the Future
- Drive Innovation
- Compete with Your Ideas
The Future of Wellbeing
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted our society, changing our behaviors, lifestyles, and values. This is also an opportunity to re-think and re-shape society in ways we have never imagined before. In particular, we see a shift in our perspective of ‘wellbeing.’ What does the future of wellbeing look like? How can we improve the wellbeing of those around us and our society?
To participate in the program, please attend the introduction webinar and submit a formal application. You will then participate in:
Design Challenge in India
- Learn the human-centered approach to innovation through virtual workshops, video lectures and mentorship
- Ideate around the theme: The Future of Wellbeing
October - December
Co-development Program in Hiroshima
- Collaborate virtually with leading Hiroshima companies to prototype a product or service (5 selected participants)
- Participate in 4 workshops, 1-month prototyping period, and a final presentation (2 months)
- Experience the innovation process internationally
- The actual collaborate activity date would be fixed once 5 participants are selected (expect to be done between Oct to Dec)
Why Japan? Why Hiroshima?
With many leading technology companies, Japan is known to deliver high-quality, reliable, user-centered products that improve people’s everyday lives. In particular, Hiroshima, located in West Japan, rose from the ashes post World War 2 by embracing creativity and innovative ideas to develop meaningful products and services. From automobile, food, healthcare, and more, the city’s strong manufacturing and service industries offer countless insights for innovation.
- Individual applicant with a background in computer science & related engineering fields
- Under 30 of age
- Available for all online workshops
- Passionate about what they do and is eager to learn
- Able to collaborate well with others
- Able to identify specific users and needs
- Located in India
A unique program for you to become an innovator for the future!Webinar application form
To apply, you must register for a mandatory introduction Zoom webinar that will take place on 24th July 2021 (Sat) 11:00-12:30.
Please fill in the registration form to confirm your attendance.
For those who cannot attend, please still fill in the registration form to receive a link to the recording video.
- How will selection proceed?
- The selection will be based on your collaboration skills, flexibility, creativity and ability to demonstrate human-centered thinking.
- How much do we need to commit?
- The applicant should take part in all online workshops scheduled.
- Do we need to pay money to register for the event?
- No. You do not have to pay anything to register and participate.
- How and where will events be conducted?
- All workshops will be held online.
- Who will own the IP(Intellectual Property) Rights to the product, service that I build?
- Developers and participants will have all rights and ownership over the IP of their ideas. For the co-development program with Hiroshima industries, IP will be discussed based on the output and process.