Road To Shine Is A New Innovation Program
R2S is a collaborative innovation program co-hosted by Hiroshima Prefecture Japan and T-Hub which leads India’s pioneering innovation ecosystem. In this program, your passion, vision, and ideas are the key. You will compete using your ideas that better our society with technology. Winners will get an opportunity to go to Japan and collaborate with Hiroshima industry leaders.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Apply your technical skills in the real world
- Receive mentorship from top-tier mentors and industry leaders
- Learn how to come up with innovative ideas that deliver new values through technology
- Get a global perspective and develop your international collaborative skills
Join us to foresee the future and drive innovation!
The Future City You Want to Create
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted society, revealing social issues and weaknesses. Yet, this is also an opportunity to re-think and re-shape society in ways we have never imagined before. What kind of future city do you want to create? Why is this valuable to you and to society? How will you intervene to shape this future?
Innovation comes from understanding the why, who, how of ideas and what kind of value they bring to society. To drive innovation from this wide perspective, You will go through these four steps:
- Reflect on your daily life and society
- Envision and define your “Future City You Want To Create”
- Collect insight to explore how to make your vision into a reality
- Ideate products or services that bring value to society
Selections will be based on assignments that are given in each webinar and workshop. Selected participants will qualify to advance to the following steps.
Innovation Idea Competition in Hyderabad
- Compete with your idea based on your ideal future city
- Learn the process of creating innovation
Collaborative Innovation Challenge in Hiroshima
- Winners will collaborate and take part in an innovation challenge with local companies in Hiroshima
- Experience the innovation process internationally
Why Japan? Why Hiroshima?
With many leading technology companies, Japan is known to deliver high-quality, reliable, user-centered products that improve people’s everyday lives. In particular, Hiroshima, located in West Japan, rose from the ashes post World War 2 by embracing creativity and innovative ideas to develop meaningful products and services. From automobile, food, healthcare, and more, the city’s strong manufacturing and service industries offer countless insights for innovation.
- Individual applicant with a background in computer science & related engineering fields
- If the main applicant wishes to participate as a team, s/he can recruit upto two other members. These members do not have to have any computer science or engineering background.
- Under 30 of age (all members must be under 30)
- Main applicant should be available for all online workshops and events
- An individual who is passionate about what they do and is eager to bring their ideas to life
A unique program for you to become an innovator for the future!Apply Now!
To apply, you must first attend a mandatory introduction webinar that takes place on October 17, 12pm (IST).
Please fill in the Zoom registration form to confirm your attendance.
- How will selection proceed?
- The selection will be based on worksheets assigned for each of the four steps. Evaluation criteria is provided. Please check the syllabus for details.
- How much do we need to commit?
- The main applicant should take part in all online workshops and events scheduled. After the first selection, individual mentoring will be offered. You are encouraged to actively commit to these as well.
- Do we need to pay money to register for the event?
- No. You do not have to pay anything to register and participate.
- How and where will events be conducted?
- Most events for the competition will be held online. However, the final presentation will be held in-person at T-hub. Please note that this may change due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Who will own the IP(Intellectual Property) Rights to the product, service that I build?
- Developers and participants will have all rights and ownership over the IP of their ideas.
- Any passport requirements?
- Main applicant should have a passport that is valid for at least one year.
- Shall we expect any changes to the schedule?
- Please note that the details of the workshop in Hiroshima may change according to the COVID-19 situation.